Sunday, January 3, 2010

"The Heart"

Just a month until valentines day!! These are the weeks I get to wear "The Heart" to church and remember the little guy who made it for me (and all of those other wonderful gifts created for me by my children and grandchildren).

This heart was made by my middle son in the late 80's. It came home from school on a ribbon. It hung on the wall in our dining area for a number of years, along with plaster of paris hand prints and leaf prints made by other children. And then - we moved. The hand prints and leaf prints were packed away in each of the children's "stuff" for them to treasure and share with their children - but the heart got a new ribbon and moved with me.

Every January it is taken out of it's spot in the drawer next to my bed to be worn to Church ... a celebration to me of family, love, and the taking time to make a creation with our own hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment