Sunday, January 31, 2010

West Allis Christmas Eve family dinner 1978

Christmas Eve 1978 West Allis Wisconsin. Labeled by Harriet Ann Krythe Gill. Picture of Harriet Ann Krythe Gill, Hazel Louise Gill Jenske, Jack Beattie (Robert Steffen Gill's cousin) and his wife Jane. They were retired school teachers.
1978 Christmas Eve at Bob and Harriets Gill. Picture taken by Dad Gills Poloroid. Frank Jenske, 80; Elsie Wilson, 94; Beatrice Gill Kemp, 85.
Spring 1979 Frank and Hazel Jenske at home of Harriet and Bob Gill's
Elsie Wilson and Bea Kemp at dinner at home of Bob and Harriet Gill.

These dinners were WONDERFUL!! Usually (when I was there) Mom Gill (Harriet) served roast pork and often a cheese torte.

Aunt Elsie was Aunt Bea's sister in law and they lived in an apartment by the lake in Milwaukee. Someone from the family would pick them up for the dinner.

I don't know how I cam to call my Mother in Law "Mom" - but I somehow always did. She was such an important part of my life - a friend as well as my "mom"!! I am thankful for all that she taught me.

And teach me she did - upon Tom's request. She made the famous "Gill" dressing which included sausage. A must for sure for Tom's bride to learn!! She also taught me to make sure he could taste the butter on the edge of his sandwiches (still do today).

No comments:

Post a Comment