Sunday, September 19, 2010

Visit from the "Maine Cousins"

Doris (cousin of Dale Everett Richards) and Harry Philbrick in Mexico,Maine 1978
August, 1978 Salemtowne,Oregon
Grandma Maysel, Bill and Jim Richards (Eugene);
Mary Leeman and Audrey Philbrick (Maine);
Grandpa Dick his first cousin Doris(Mexico, Maine).
This picture was quite an event. The "Maine" cousins decided to take the bus "out west". They went to Montana to visit my parents, I'm thinking they went to Idaho to see the Trenkles and then came to Salem.
They were AMAZED at how far apart everything was - being from back east where everything is apparently much closer together.
I had the opportunity to take Doris, Mary and Audrey to Lincoln City. They loved the ocean and we picked lots of blackberries.
My mother stayed in contact with the "Maine cousins" for many years. I did until about 7 years ago - I need to try and make contact again.
Doris lived on the family farm for many, many years. The address was"Back Kingdom Road", Mexico, Maine.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment