Sunday, September 26, 2010

1963 Visit to Portland by Griggs "girls" before PI


Our family had moved from Gold Hill, Oregon to Shoshone, Idaho during the spring and summer of 1963. Daddy was hired to teach Vocational Agriculture and Chemistry at Shoshone High School and started in the spring of 1963. Momma was the last to move as she was finishing up nursing school in Medford. She became an LPN. She was hired at the Gooding, Idaho Hospital when she arrived in Shoshone.
Momma my sisters and I drove to Portland where she took her Nursing Board of Examination. It was just before the PI. This is a copy of the letter I found she had sent to Grandma after our visit.
I do remember this trip - always loved going to Grandma and Grandpas. I was a senior at this time.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment