Sunday, September 26, 2010

Richards life at the Oxbow Ranch in Prarie City, Oregon 1945 - 1950

The Oxbow Ranch was owned by the Ford J. Twait Company in Los Angeles, California. Grandpa Dick was hired as the manager in 1945. He retired as the Manager of the Oregon State College Extension Station to take on this position.

I was born while they lived here. I do remember coming through this gate at dark one night.

I also remember being upstairs and Great Grandma Cora Sanderson being there. She lived with Grandma and Grandpa in her later years.

Grandma Maysel told me once that when it was time to can peaches a "truck load" would arrive. There was a crew that tackled to project. I'm sure that Grandma was a good manager of that program.

Grandpa Dick in front of the house - Grandma Maysel is sitting in the wagon (I think). That wagon went with them to Scappoose also. What fun we had in it!

Grandmas Iris garden at the Oxbow. She started collecting iris in the 30's. Always labeled.


The Beaver Slide.







Winter at the Oxbow Ranch





Winter at the Oxbow Ranch






Winter at the Oxbow Ranch
















No comments:

Post a Comment